Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 4, 2008

My First Blog. Ever.

So, after months of faithful almost-daily blogstalking, I have entered the blog world as more than a spectator. I can't promise I'll always have the most interesting stories...but now I have my own little place on the web. I think it's a good creative outlet for me...I get pretty creative, although it comes in spurts. So we'll see how this goes...I think it will also allow me to release my inner Carrie Bradshaw...sitting at the computer, and contemplating my thoughts.


This is my sweet angel Flossie Jayne. Isn't she adorable? We spent a weekend full of quality time together. She's been feeling a little neglected lately, i believe...Anyways, we had a long night Thursday night. My niece, Taylee, came over for a sleep-over, which didn't really include much sleep. So Friday night, Flossie Jayne and I snuggled up on the couch and watched multiple episodes of Sex and the City. After Flossie Jayne passed out on me, I was feeling creative (told you it comes in spurts), so I engrossed myself in a crafts project involving a broken mirror and lots of paint, that turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself! Saturday, I woke up to sunny skies and hot temperatures! After rounding up Holley and Carla, my fabulous new friends from work, we decided the day would be spent lounging on floats (courtesy of the ever-prepared Carla!) and catching some much needed rays, Pina Coladas in hand, of course! We had a marvelous time, just having girl time. It was a beautiful day and I really look forward to hanging with these girls again soon! After pool time, I was exhausted! I refueled with a wonderful nap, and then headed to my mom & dad's for a casual family supper and fun times with the niece & nephew, which is NEVER a bad idea, in my book!


After the big-bad storm left the area, I headed home for some hanging out time with Wick, which I always look forward to. :)

Sunday was spent cleaning, trying on clothes (and was pleasantly surprised to find ones that fit, that didnt used to fit!), and doing laundry. After a very productive day (I may have squeezed a short nap in there...), Wick & I headed to my parents house for a yummy dinner, including a fabulous chocolate cake for dessert! It was a good, quiet weekend, and sometimes, ya just need that.

Well, for my first blog attempt, i think i did pretty darn good :) We'll see how long this lasts....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay blogger!! I had so much fun saturday too! We need to do it again soon! :) Love ya!