Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

K Day



K is for my mantra of the day... "Keep on hoping..."




In other news, I most certainly did NOT slack off yesterday, blog-wise. No worries to the two of you that read my blog, i was out sick with a killer headache yesterday. I did, however, have a fabulous time at the Sturgis Bike Rally. Wick and I headed out Friday evening as soon as we got off work, and headed that way again saturday morning. We ate much fried food (which, sorry to say, did NOT agree with me late Friday evening), and spent a lot of time with my family. I have discovered a new favorite dessert, thanks to the many vendors at the rally: Deep Fried Oreos.

These, my friends, are HEAVEN on EARTH. They are oreo cookies DEEP FRIED in funnel cake batter..which is another favorite of mine! Sadly, I ate 2 helpings on Saturday...no, not by myself, i had assistance for BOTH helpings. So I think that makes it ok. That, and the fact that I only will have the chance to eat fried oreos once a year, so i better indulge while i can. My next dessert experiment: the deep fried twinkie. I'll keep you posted on how that turns out...

Back to work...much to catch up on from being out yesterday with the headache from hell...until tomorrow.. :)

E

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deep.Fried.Oreos. Holy.Crap.

Emily said...

they are so very amazing. you have no idea.