Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 21, 2008

L







L should be for LACK of blogging! I missed a day...sorry, my faithful readers. Yesterday was an extremely busy day for me! Today is quite busy as well, and i love it. I still decided i should squeeze in a few minutes of blog time! You can thank me later.



Today, i'm going to talk about some of my favorite "L" people. It seems that my blogging subjects tend to revolve around people...but they are all very important to me. and i feel the need to share them with you :) The first "L" person I will introduce you to is my Lennie. This, of course, is Lindsay, my one and only sister, and best friend. Lennie and I go way back...obviously, 23 years, since she was born! We haven't always been close, mind you. We've had our ups and downs, our share of screaming-at-the-top-of-our-lungs matches (usually in the summers when we were home by ourselves during the day), and a few knock-down-drag-out fights. I'm sure, if she's reading this, she's recalling the time I tied her up with her own socks. If you're lucky enough to know this story, you're probably rolling with laughter right about now...if you don't know it, i'd be glad to share it with you, much to Lennie's dismay, I am sure. Lennie means so much to me and has brought SO much to my life...including the most precious niece & nephew a girl could EVER ask for. We still have our ups and downs...mostly because i like to make sure she's taking care of herself and not being hurt by ANYONE...and sometimes i tend to forget she IS 23 years old...but she'll always be my baby sister and i'll always love her the mostest and the biggest, with my whole heart :)


Lennie and I, Polliwog's, 2008

Another "L" person to introduce to you is my friend Laura. Laura and I have been friends for almost 8 years...and that's a LONG time. Laura is partially responsible for the life experiences I gained while living in Jacksonville, Florida & Savannah, Georgia. We have been through so much together: family tragedy, significant-other-troubles, and losing friends. I met Laura at the good ole Ruby Tuesday..we were both working our way through college and we became fast, good friends. After I moved back to Mississippi, Laura and I lost touch for a bit. But thankfully, we are regaining our friendship and I'm so glad she's back in my life. She's a wonderful person and a very fun friend. And, after all, she is the only person who knows that i really don't know who Houston actually is, and I'm not the world's genius when it comes to snakes...or anything else that has to do with science.

Steph, Sherri, Me, Cody, Leslie, Laura, Julie, Gene, Gracie, Beth & Robin-2004

I love you girlies!

I'll sign out with this quote, appropriate for "L" day...and i love it...

"Love, I've come to understand, is more than three words mumbled before bedtime. Love is sustained by action, a pattern of devotion in the things we do for each other every day."

No comments: