Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, November 7, 2008

tgif, people.

So...I'm wearing the FABULOUS new shoes i purchased earlier this week...and am near TEARS doing so. These are the most UNCOMFORTABLE shoes i have ever worn in my whole entire LIFE. Seriously.  I guess because they are a wedge, they dont "give"...well, i'm here to tell you, if they don't start to "give" soon, i'm going to "give" them back!!! sucks, too...because they are ultra-cute. 
So it's been another slow day at work....which is really starting to worry me a little bit. We've been assured that as of right now, as long as sales stay up, we are fine. But i am naturally a worrier...thus, I worry. It's no secret that when the economy is bad, advertising is one of the first budgets cut (for those of you who aren't aware, i work in advertising...now are you seeing my dilemma?). Being the last hired here at Dux D'Lux, i fear i will be the first one to go when the economy can no longer allow people to spend advertising dollars. And i'm here to tell you, that really sucks. For the first time in a LONG time, I really LOVE my job. Sure, there are days when I'd rather eat a salty lemon (just like my pregnant co-worker and friend Holley) than go to work...but most days I am happy to be here. All that to say...I really like my job and I really like my house and the things in my house..and I really like spending my money...so I'd kind of like it to stay that way. Thankyouverymuch.
I had to make the monthly trek to Wal Mart last night...you konw, for TP, paper towels, dishwashing stuff....all that jazz. It was an expensive trip! I hadn't bought groceries in over a month, because i've been going so much, and I also had to purchase a fan-dancy new hair dryer...as mine blew up in my hands Thursday morning. It was a bad hair day that day. 
Tonight, I am going home to a bubble bath, give myself a pedicure and watch a movie. Early to bed, because Kevin will be here tomorrow! Looking so forward to spending another weekend with him, as things are really moving along quite nicely. Cleveland is just too stinkin' far away!!! :) Tomorrow night I'm making a BIG pot of chili for us, my sister & her boyfriend, and Holley & Wilson (and their lil pea). Then it's off to a night of bowling...should be fun. Sunday will be spent with my family...looking forward to a nice weekend. It's sooo fall-ish outside..and I love it! 
Happy Weekend! 


-E

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will bring lemons to ur chili partay!! Haw haw haw!! And cornbread too....