Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Slow Wednesday Afternoon...

So i've been a blog slacker this week...sorry about that to the two of you that read this :)  It's not been a busy week...in fact, quite the opposite. I have been cleaning 1 room of my apartment each night this week, in hopes that I will have it clean for my VERY important company on Friday (HOPEFULLY Friday!). Tonight, I'm taking a break from cleaning to get my hair highlighted..thanks to my wonderful sister for working late to fit me in! Tomorrow evening will be spent at the grocery store since i haven't bought groceries in about a month! my fridge is looking quite bare! and I'm sure Flossie Jayne would like some yummies...since her lil cannister of food is almost empty, except for a few crumbs! Poor lil angel face! 
Yesterday was ELECTION DAY...as I'm sure you're ALL aware. This year I decided to become a grown up and register to vote..and become informed on the issues and make my own decision, and exercise my American right to vote. So for the past month or two i have paid attention to the news, instead of just switching the channel (even though I only get two). I've thought a lot about the issues, and what i want out of our President. After making my decision (no, i will not share it with the world wide web, as I dont want anonymous comments, but if you know me, i'm sure you know how my decision ended), I was proud of myself and sat back and waited for election day to come around. Jump to yesterday....and lines at EVERY voter post (i dont really know what the technical name for the place you vote is, so i'm going to call it a voting post, VP, if you will) were HOURS long. I drove by my VP at 8 15, 12 30, 1 30 and 5 30 to attempt to vote. ALL LINES WERE OUTRAGEOUS. So, this proudly informed, registered voter...alas, did not vote. I know..i should be ashamed. Not only did i not vote, but now i am one of those REGISTER voters that did not vote. I am making no excuses, i just plain old didnt want to stand in line..especially at 5 30 when it was dark and cold. not so much. SO...on the day after election day, i'm taking it all in..and trying not to beat myself up for not voting. I'm not one of those peeps who thinks only 1 vote doesn't matter...but in the landslide that was this election, my little vote certainly wasn't missed. But maybe if all of us who didnt want to stand in line had been patient and waited...just maybe things would be different today. who knows? Anyways...political, i am not...so i'm going to step off my soapbox now. 
Got some really cute shoes today....Hmm...you know, it seems that almost every blog i talk about a new pair of shoes that i have purchased. I am not obsessed...ok well yes i am. BUT...i am a DEFINITE bargain searcher, as well as a lover of payless...so my shoe addiction doesn't put TOO many dents in my checking account. This particular pair (see picture below) came from Zappos (and let it be noted that is the first time i have ever LINKED anything!). If you've never vistited this site, you should. it's wonderful..and has really good sale items! Anyways..my friend Sadie gave me a gift certificate to this site...so i snatched up this pair of shoes yesterday...and the nice people at Zappos upgraded my shipping to NEXT DAY for FREE. LOVE THEM! 
Hmmm....let's see what else i can inform you of...Still some REALLY amazingly fabulous things going on with me right now...after a really, really rough past few months, my life is taking a really nice turn. I feel like i'm in a dream..and i NEVER want to wake up. It's crazy. I will share with my readership when i have more time to right...but just know i am happy, happy! :) 

-E


No comments: