Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 10, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like.....

CHRISTMAS!!! Ok...so really, it's not. But I am so excited I can barely stand it! Once Halloween is over, I usually go into super-Christmas mode. I had to really try hard to restrain myself from putting up my fabulous Christmas decorations this weekend. I'm trying to wait until the day after Thanksgiving....but maybe I can persuade a sweet, sweet man into helping me this weekend....We'll see. I have a wonderful weekend to blog about..but at this time, I don't have much time..or energy. I am super ultra tired today...and I'm busy at work, so I'm embracing that! (see post below) So...I'm going to feed my Christmas spirit by doing a quick survey :) (Enjoy, Aunt Tina!) 

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? i. hate. gift bags. I like to wrap EACH gift with love...in coordinating wrapping paper. Last year I discovered the most wonderful thing...I call it a "theme in a box". It's a box of 3 coordinating rolls of wrapping paper, with bows AND gift tags. While I prefer to make my own gift tags, this is truly a GENIUS invention. I can't wait to select my theme for this year!!! Decisions, decisions! 
2. Real tree or Artificial? When I have my very own family and house and all that fun stuff, i will insist upon a real tree. For now, in my apartment, I will settle for artificial.
3. When do you put up the tree? Not-so-patiently waiting until the day after Thanksgiving. 
4. When do you take the tree down? New Year's Day. This is a rule. 
5. Do you like eggnog? No, but I like apple cider. :) 
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmmm...I am sure i have lots of "favorites" and I am sure at one time, everything was my "favorite". In my adult life, my favorite Christmas gift was...duh..my Flossie Jayne. 
8. Easiest person to buy for? Lindsay...if I would like to buy it for myself, she will like it. 
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No..but I would really like a Willow Tree one to put on my mantle this year. Because, I have a mantle this year. Can you sense the excitement??? MORE SPACE TO DECORATE! 
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I always say I'm going to do Christmas cards...and I never do. But i would like to...if that counts for anything! 
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Hmmm...I can't think of a truly AWFUL gift. 
12. 
Favorite Christmas Movie? ELF, Love Actually, The Holiday, Christmas Vacation, Smoky Mountain Christmas, One Magic Christmas....i like christmas. just a little bit. BUT i hate that stupid Christmas Story movie that they play 24/7 the ENTIRE MONTH OF DECEMBER. UGH.
13. 
When do you start shopping for Christmas? Again, I always say i'm going to start early...but alas, i do not. I'll probably start next week....who am i kidding?? i won't...but i'll finish my list I'm SURE. 
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No I have not. 
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Apple cider (the question should read eat OR drink), white chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate covered cherries, and breakfast casserole on Christmas morning. 
16. Lights on the tree? OF COURSE (especially since my tree is pre-lit :) ). ONLY white ones though..no colored. Another rule. 
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night, Baby It's Cold Outside, and Face of Love.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Either or. I just like to be with family & loved ones.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Of course! I plan on teaching Taylee Bugg to do that this year! 
20. 
Angel on the tree top or a star? I have a pretty silver star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christnmas morning. 
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? When people get so angry about shopping and get moody and don't remember why we even celebrate CHRISTmas. 
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Well..i never had a "theme" until last year when i purchased my very own Christmas tree. It's a white tree, which is ultra trendy, i know..and i have pink, green & blue ornaments to go on it. It's very cute and very ME! 
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Typical dressing, turkey & hashbrown casserole....
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I'm actually very happy with everything i've been blessed with right now. So i guess I want things to stay just as they are :) 


-E

No comments: