Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy Hump Day!

No, I haven't abandoned my blog. I've just been waiting on pictures to post of my fabulous weekend! The party for my mama  went absolutely fabulously..except for a couple of minor scheduling details. She literally almost peed in her pants when she saw my aunt walk through the door! She was so excited. 


They spent the day together just hanging out and catching up, while Kevin & I spent some time together..Lindsay cut his hair, and waxed my eyebrows, and then we got ready for the party. I'm pretty impressed with myself for putting the whole party together, food & all, by myself. The kabobs were so yummy and the cake was exceptional, if i do say so myself! We sat around, talked, laughed, watched football (i will not be discussion MSU's unmentionable football season, nor will i be discussing Ole Miss's bowl eligibility), and had a wonderful time. Around 7:30-ish, kevin, aunt tina & i headed to grenada to take her back to her hubby at their deer camp. No lie, on the way there & back, we probably saw 30 deer...VERY close to the highway! These things are NOT scared! After almost running out of gas, Kevin & i made it back to my apartment right at midnight...and super crashed. It was a LONG day! Sunday was definitely a LATE sleeping day..i got up around 9 and made breakfast, which was yummy, except for my burned biscuits (my grandmother would be ashamed of me!), and we had breakfast and watched Lonesome Dove, one of my most favorite movies! After a lazy morning, we got ready for Christen & Brad's wedding. It was a nice ceremony, and reception. I love wedding receptions. and even more than wedding receptions, i love wedding CAKE! After the wedding, we met my dad at the bowling alley and bowled a few games with him. I did not do too terribly bad...for once! After bowling, we went to dinner with my parents and had the most yummy Chinese food i've had in a LONG time. Then comes the part of the weekend that i hate...when i have to say bye to Kevin. It sucks! He had a safe trip home, though, thank goodness! 
This week hasn't been too overwhelmingly busy for me. Things are still continually slow in advertising land. Done a couple orders this week, and finished a huge project, so it was nice to mark that off my list of to-do's. It's been ULTRA cold this week!! I went to my mama's last night and got my winter coat so i can be all snuggly warm when i head out for the delta this weekend. I'll be heading to Cleveland Friday night. We'll be going to Dylan's birthday party Saturday, and then i'll be home sunday night. Next week will be a THREE DAY WEEK! wahoo!! and i'll get to spend Wednesday-Sunday with Kevin..which makes me ecstatic! He'll be coming here Wednesday night, and helping me make something for my Mamaw's Thanksgiving dinner, and we'll head to Jackson on Thursday morning. After lunch with my Dad's side of the family, Kevin & I will head to Cleveland to be with his family. Friday after lunch, we'll head to Tina & Glenn's deer camp for some fun around the fire...and Saturday, we'll come back to Starkville to put up all my Christmas decorations! It's going to be a busy, busy weekend..but I am so looking forward to it! 
Can't complain about too much right now :) i am so happy and in such a good place. Some changes in the very near future are inevitable, but i am at peace with whatever happens, either way. Just gotta pray about it and i know the right decision will be made! 

-E

No comments: