Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 29, 2008

Z is for ZERO MORE DAYS OF THE ABC GAME! I did it! and I'm so glad it's over! I must admit...this got pretty boring towards the end. In the beginning, it seemed that my life seemed to coincide with the ABC game...but not so much with these later letters. 
Anyways, I hope you all had a FABULOUS weekend! Yesterday was my birthday. I kicked off the weekend Friday night with dinner with Lesli & Cindy at their house. Lesli grilled fabulous chicken kabobs and cindy made a wonderful salad and mashed potatoes. it was a WONDERFUL birthday meal...and we watched Sex and the City (The MOVIE!) while we ate! This is a wonderful movie, and, again, i can't believe i waited so long to see it! I cried a LOT...but loved every minute of it! Saturday morning, i woke up bright & early at 8:30...Miss FJ had to peepee...and I decided that since I had many projects for the day, i'd go ahead and get moving. I headed to Wal Mart to buy cupcake stuff..since I was in charge of the birthday cupcakes for the festivities at Holley's. After my quick Wal Mart trip, I decided to hit up It's Fashion, one of my favorite "in-a-pinch" stores...well, they didnt open until 10:00...it was only 9:20. So i wandered around Sally's, JC Penney & Dollar Tree until It's Fashion finally opened it's doors....and they had SQUAT. ZILCH. I was so disappointed. I wanted to purchase a new frock to wear for my birthday eve celebration...instead i wore jeans and a cute top...BUT my hair looked fabulous! After leaving It's Fashion, i headed to Jagged Edge to get my hair done...highlights on the top (to cover the roots! sssssh!) and loose waves a la Carrie Bradshaw. Even picked up some pointers to do the waves myself...and have succeeded TWICE since Saturday! After getting my hair done, Wick headed over to my house and we headed to Holley's. Before we left tho, Wick let me open a birthday present early! He gave me an amazing set of wine glasses, Sex and the City MOVIE AND SOUNDTRACK :) He's so good! We had a wonderful time at Holley's...drinking, eating & good company. Sunday, I must admit i was a bit hung over from my Malibu indulgences the previous evening! Sunday is usually a VERY lazy day for me, birthday or not. So, between fabulous birthday texts & phone calls, i watched sex and the city about 3 times and napped a good bit :) Around 4, i got pretty, picked up wick, and we headed to my parents house for the birthday dinner, which was supposed to be grilled pizzas...but ended up being papa john's and a YUMMY birthday cake! As soon as I walked up at my parents house, Taylee threw out her arms and said "A-Pwize {surprise}, Happy Day, Emmy!" It brought tears to my eyes..and she helped me open my presents (perfume, a FABULOUS lamp for my living room, and an amazing vase) and helped me blow out my candles. She's a precious angel. It was good family time...and a good weekend! Back to the work grind today was not so much fun. I am so sleepy and am looking forward to watching a couple tv shows i've gotten into, as well as getting in bed EARLY! 

-E

1 comment:

Melanie Lott said...

You watched it THREE times???

I swear, Emmye, I don't know how you do it!