Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 5, 2008

T




TGIF! I was a big ole slacker yesterday and didn't blog, and sweet Melly brought that to my attention :). So, today..for the letter "T", i am going to talk about what i'm THANKFUL for. With everything going on right now, hurricanes, elections, and all else in the news...i thought i should really sit back and think about what I'm thankful for in my life, and, fyi, this list EXCLUDES all the people that i love..because that would just take up too much time. You know who you are, and you know I love you! :) Here goes:


My Health. Knock on wood, i have never had a severe health problem...


My Job. I'm not rolling in the money, but I'm surviving, which is enough for me.


Transportation. While my car doesn't like me somedays...she gets me from A to B.


Not living on the coast. While i love the beach, I also love my home and would like for it to stay in 1 piece!


My sweet little apartment. Props to my mom for finding it for me :) I love my lil house.


Love. I feel love every day and it's a wonderful feeling. It makes me sad to think that some people never know that feeling.


Children. OK you know i really mean Taylee and Braylon. They truly light up my life and I just love them to pieces.


Coffee. Jump starts my day, and i'm sure my coworkers are thankful for it as well. I wouldn't be NEAR as nice as I am without the java.


Pets. I never knew the joy of having a pet until i got my VERY OWN pet. I dont think i could ever live by myself without her. She is amazing, and it's amazing how tuned in our pets are to our feelings. She's the best nurse when i'm sick, hands down! Also, a news update: A kind, kind woman in the Maben/Mathiston area has rescued two DORKIES (dachsund & yorkie mix) from Hurricane Gustav..and is GIVING them away to good homes. She has 2 males, and I'll be making the trek to Webster County to check them out on Sunday. Those of you who know me, know i've wanted to rescue a yorkie for some time...and a free one is just up my alley! So, i've already "tentatively" named him Gus. Stay tuned on Monday to find out the continuing saga of the puppies! This leads me to my next item...


Kind people. This woman who took in the dogs was so kind to do so. We dont always think about what people lost in Hurricanes such as Gustav and Katrina. I know when Katrina hit 3 years ago, I donated almost half my closet, including shoes!...i know a lot of people lost everything....and I felt good that I did something. But there are people out there who go above and beyond! Such as this woman who took in the puppies..and is doing her part to find them a suitable home. My sister also has a friend that has temporarily MOVED to the coast to help get power back to all who have lost. my point is....these people do this because they are KIND, good-hearted people. and I am Thankful for them.


Anyways..i've rambled for quite some time..but i feel better now that i've said a few things. OH i forgot one thing i'm THANKFUL for:


MSU FOOTBALL! MSU plays their first home game of the 2008 season tomorrow night, and i know i'm not the only one who's excited! I'll be going to the game with a very cute boy, if i'm nice, i'm told. :) GOOD LUCK, DAWGS!



No comments: