Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 1, 2008

What a LONG Weekend!!

i. am. exhausted. in SUCH a good way though! i had the most wonderful, long weekend ever! wednesday night kevin arrived around 7 30 pm and we had dinner together and went to bed early. we woke up early thursday morning and headed out to jackson to visit with my dad's side of the family and each thanksgiving lunch with them (pictures to come soon). after lunch and dessert and a little more visiting, we headed to cleveland. after a stop in indianola to visit my friend melanie, who i was SOOOO thrilled to see, we arrived in cleveland between 4 and 5. we ran a couple errands, then headed to kevin's aunt & uncle's house, where i met the rest of his family that i hadn't met yet. they were all so sweet to me and welcomed me into their home as if they'd known me forever :). i was thrilled to meet his sweet, sweet family. after more visiting, we were pretty exhausted, not to mention STUFFED (after 2 thanksgiving meals and 2 rounds of dessert...1 of which consisted of a HOMEMADE italian cream cake...it rocked my face off), so we headed back to his house and changed in to comfy (expandable) clothes, and headed to visit my aunt tina & uncle glen for a while. friday morning, we got up EARLY and packed warm clothes to head to the woods for some bonfiring, cooking & hunting (well, i didnt hunt anything except heat...). after about 4 trillion errands, none of which went according to our plan, and a stop for donuts..we were FINALLY on our way to the woods.  and let me tell you it was chilly..and rainy!! but we had a fun time just hanging out by the fire, and riding 4-wheelers! i dont think any of the men folk ever shot a deer...but i'm really not sure. i'm not into all the hunting "lingo"...but this weekend, i'm proud to say i learned what a deer stand is, what a spike is, and many, many other useful things for the next time i attend deer camp. here are a few pictures from the woods! 
Casey & Kevin just hanging out

me & beth heating up by the fire

me & beth

beth & john

casey, ginger, me, kevin, beth & john

me & kevin

me, beth & ginger

just me...all in pink..yes, i was made fun of. 

it was a busy busy weekend, and it ended with the decoration of my house for christmas! it looks fabulous and i am ecstatic! pictures to come soon...well...probably not..but i can hope :) 

-E

No comments: