Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

can you paint with all the colors of the wind?

merry christmas eve, ya'll! :) so i'm FINALLY done with every little last minute detail of my christmas preparations. it feels so good! yesterday was a long day...i got my hair colored at lunch (pictures to come soon) and ran a couple more errands after work. when i got home, my only project left was to wrap 1 more present, and paint a canvas for my grandmother. those of you who know me know that i really do love to paint. it's finding the time and channeling my creativity to do it that is the problem. sometimes i have trouble just sitting and letting an idea come to me, i try to force it i guess. well i had in mind what i wanted to paint for my sweet mamaw, and it turned out wonderfully, in my opinion! 
I think my grandmother will be pleased with this...at least i hope. i really enjoyed painting it and it really relaxed me after a stressful, not fun day. i'm thinking of doing what so many others have done and making a blog for my paintings and possibly selling some...i just don't want it to feel like work and i end up not enjoying it. anyways..maybe that's a project for the first of the year.
this is my LAST work day for the YEAR. it feels so good to say that, even though it's really only for a week and a half or so. i will so enjoy my time off! FJ and i will be in cleveland with kevin for most of our vacation. we will spend our days cuddled up by the fire watching the food network, and we are both ECSTATIC about it :). tonight is christmas with my family. i can't wait to see taylee open her presents..she's really into christmas this year...last weekend she INSISTED on sleeping under my parents christmas tree because it was time for "santa bring me toys". sweet angel face she is. braylon doesn't really know what's going on...he's just happy as long as someone's holding him! anyways...lack of internet will prevent me from posting until i return to work on 1.5, but expect a nice long post complete with pictures of christmas, new years, and everything else in between, including the new hair! let's hope it gets kevin's approval in about 2 hours when he arrives! love to all and merry christmas! 

-e

1 comment:

Melanie Lott said...

Please come back to the interwebz