Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 5, 2009

long time, no post!

merry christmas, happy new year and all that jazz! i've been away from the blog world for almost 2 weeks now! wow! it's been really nice being off work and not having to look at a computer screen...but today it's back to the daily grind. work work and more work! it's not as bad as i thought it might be...but we'll see how the day progresses! i have LOTS to update on...hmm i guess christmas is first. we had a wonderful christmas eve with my family. my sister and the babies were there, as well as my sweet Mamaw from Clinton (and she LOVED her painting, which just thrilled me!). my sister gave kevin and i a STAND MIXER..which i have wanted for SUCH a long time. we were thrilled with our gift and appreciate lindsay's thoughtfulness so much. kevin got it out when we got back to town yesterday and whipped up a batch of brownies and a strawberry cake to take to my mom's for sunday lunch! yeah, he's a keeper! :) she also gave us a digital picture frame..which i have to admit i have never really been into. but the one she gave is us really cute and tasteful, and will be used to display pictures of kevin & i together in our new home ( more on this later in the post). 

Cute little digital picture frame...with no pictues on it. 
Our wonderful stand mixer...after her first use! 

After we had Christmas with my family on Christmas Eve, Kevin decided he was ready for us to have our Christmas...and would not STOP until I agreed to exchange presents. so off we went to my house to gather up our presents for each other and head back to my parents....because of COURSE my mom wanted to see each and every thing we got for each other :). ladies, let me just tell you...my man knows me and knows what i want! and boy does he have good taste! :) i'll let the pictures speak for themselves on this one!!


Yes, that says JIMMY CHOO!!!

my beautiful purse..he did so good! 

Hello, Mr. Hobo!

my sparklies. i love them so much :) 

Those are my pretties from my honey :). he also bought sweet flossie jayne a dress, and got me a really cute MSU t-shirt. After a wonderful Christmas Eve with my family, we woke up Christmas morning and headed to the Delta for Christmas with his family at his brother's house. They draw names and were so sweet to include me in their drawing this year. I drew Kevin's brother, Chris, and he drew my name as well! Here is a picture of the fabulous decorative tray & candles they gave me! Thank you, Chris & Leigh! 

Chris & Leigh also gave me some SCRUMPTIOUS French Vanilla coffee! They are too sweet. I really enjoyed spending the day with Kevin's family and they are such sweet, sweet people. The next week was spent just hanging out with Kevin, my cousins and other family and lounging with Flossie Jayne. Here are a couple pictures from the New Year's bonfire. 

Me and my sweet, sweet cousin Beth


me, Beth, and my Aunt Tina


me and my sweet, sweet honey :)

So i guess the biggest news of the holiday season is that we are actively looking for a place to live TOGETHER. i couldn't be more thrilled and excited about starting this next phase of my life with the LOVE of my life! :)  more details to come as i know them! as for know, keep your fingers crossed and remember us in your prayers as i think about job opportunities as well as thinking about moving! 

-E

No comments: