Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 16, 2009

bittersweet farewell...

well, today is kinda my last day at dux d'lux. i say "kinda" because i'll still be doing commission-based work from my lil home office...but it's my last day at my desk in my office at dux d'lux as inside sales rep. we had our last girls' lunch...and that was really sad :( i've come to really enjoy those gossippy lunches...and i will definitely miss the girls. i know we'll stay in touch, but not seeing them everyday will be different for me for a while. BUT i am oh-s0-ecstatic about moving TOMORROW! it's been a really quick 2 weeks...seemingly so mostly because everything has just sort of fallen into our laps..job-wise, house-wise, etc. we'll be pulling out sometime around noon tomorrow afternoon and heading to our new house in cleveland...and unpacking and cleaning and unpacking and arranging..well...for a LONG time. i'll be off work monday & tuesday...so i plan for our house to be completely settled by the time kevin gets home from work on tuesday. maybe i'll even have dinner fixed for him....awwww i'm a good lil wifey already :) 
am really excited about starting my new job. think it will be fun, busy & challenging, which is everything i'm looking for right now. the office peeps i'll be working with seem really nice & easygoing, and so does the doctor i'll be working for. i'm really excited about our new house being right down the road from beth & john, as well as lil Dylan :) when i need my baby fix, i'll just go borrow him for a lil while :)
as EXCITED as i am...i will really, really miss my family here in starkville, as well as my friends. i've gotten really spoiled to having my parents right down the road for 2 years now...and it's been really nice. also having my sister around is really wonderful...we're the best of friends and it will be hard to be away from her and the sweet babies...not even gonna GO there..or the tears will flow. those kids have my heart and i love them so much! i know we will be back quite a bit to visit...i dont want to miss anymore than i have to! 
we're spending the night with my parents tonight....as my apartment isn't so much livable right now...boxes everywhere, sheets already packed...you get the idea. my mama has promised us a dinner of crawfish etoufee, my favorite dish, and fluffy pancakes in the morning. i think i could get used to "visiting" her house... :) 
next time i post, i will be a resident of Cleveland, MS. lookout, Delta, here i come :) 

-E