Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Little Sad...But Doing OK.

Wow, I've been slackin on the blogging front! I know you're all just DYING to know how my Delta visit went...and I must say, it was quite pleasant. Weather was nice, except for Saturday which was extremely HOT...due to the fact that my mom and I were abandoned downtown at the arts festival. Let me rewind....Lennie, Dallas & I arrived in Cleveland around 8 PM Friday night, and Daddy had steaks fresh off the grill ready for us! So yummy! We sat around a fire and ate, reminisced & laughed. After a long night up with the babies, I took a LONG shower (well, as long as you can take in an RV that doesn't have much hot water) and got ready for the day. All us women-folk headed downtown to Octoberfest. It was your typical arts festival, with your typical art. We went in some kids shops along the way, and scored fabulous Halloween ("Hannoween" as Miss Taylee Bugg says) costumes for the kids..Braylon will be a sweet Pumpkin, and Taylee will be a mermaid :). After many more hours of walking around and shopping, we ventured back to the car. Somehow, my mom, myself & taylee had gotten separated from not only the other members of our group, but also from Lindsay, Dallas & Braylon. So we head to the car...only to find that the CAR IS NOT THERE. So we think...either we got towed, or we got LEFT. Turns out, it was the latter. Like an angel from above, we see my mom's brother and his wife walking down the street...and they agree to take us home! It was a looooong day...and after that excursion, i took a loooong nap!! Saturday night was, again, spent around the fire, eating pulled pork & ribs..soo yummy! Sunday we packed up and headed home. I can finally say that today, nearly a week later, I'm finally caught up on my rest! 
It's been a busy week for me. Monday, Flossie Jayne's Halloween costume came in..so we played dress up. The dress part of the costume is more like a mini-dress, and the hat is a bit big..but Carla assures me she can fix the hat and FJ will be super adorable at Wag-O-Ween next weekend! After fitting her costume, Wick came by for a visit (he was DYING to see FJ in her costume) and stayed for my taco dinner. Was good to see him...been missing him a lot lately.
Tuesday night, Holley and I attended Starkville Young Professionals, and really enjoyed ourselves. We have agreed to get more involved in the community and get ourselves out there a little more. Think it will be really good for both of us! Wednesday night was the ONLY night i had to do NOTHING. My house was clean, laundry was done. So after work, I ventured to the library and returned the 2 fabulous books i just finished, and picked up 3 more! I was in bed by 9, I do believe! Tonight is the much-anticipated Black & Orange Ball at the Veranda. A little anxious about being at the Veranda...Lots of memories & emotions for me in that place..but still excited about the event. Did i mention i look super cute today? Orange heels rock my face off! 
No plans so far for the weekend..wanna hang out with the babies, spend time with Flossie Jayne...really wanna hang out with Wick at some point....so we'll see..

-E

No comments: